Chairman: Ed Kiedaisch, Retired
Primary Areas of Focus:
- Photo Inventories -both current and historical architecture
- Building Information Inventory – Compilation of county assessor’s information, amenities, and current use for ground level and upper floors.
- Public Improvements – Establish simple checklist of space/amenities inventory, parking inventory and public improvement programs influencing the downtown
- Design Assistance – Drawing on resources from the State of Iowa, design assistance includes architectural renderings of potential redevelopment, awning samples, paint samples, preservation briefs and techniques
- Historic Preservation – Works with the local governing authorities and the Historic Preservation Commission to uphold the architectural integrity of the historic downtown neighborhood
- Ordinances, Guidelines, Plans – A resource for the city leadership in developing ordinances to protect and preserve the commercial district
- Incentives – Formation and Marketing – Offering Facade Grant opportunities to local building owners to encourage renovation of storefronts in a manner consistent with good preservation practices
- Design Education and Awareness – Community liaison to promote the continued preservation efforts
- Window Displays and Visual Merchandising – Creating educational workshops for local businesses to enhance their best retail tools.
Monthly Meeting Time: Meets monthly with the Architectural Review Board in the Council Chambers